Re: [Xen-users] Mounting an existing running domU

Hi!

John Maclean schrieb:
> Has anyone actually mounted the file system for domU whilst it was
> running? If so can any one describe the actual damage that was done and
> if anything was recoverable?

Have you considered using a cluster filesystem (OCFS2, GFS, ...) that is
designed for this pourpose? At work, we have a shared blockdevice
between two DomUs using OCFS2, and it works fine so far. You have to
tell the DomU in the config file that the device is used for shared
writing by adding a Plus sign to the "w" for "writable".

Ciao

Martin