Re: [Xen-users] Questions about iSCSI in a domU

  • To: "Eric Einhorn" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Rami Rosen" <roszenrami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:47:30 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 22:48:10 -0800

Hi,
I remember I made some tests some months ago with iSCSI in domU.

I tried it with the block-iscsi script of Kurt Garloff, (Novell/SuSe)
(http://www.suse.de/~garloff/linux/xen/scripts/block-iscsi)

You should be able to have in domU config script an entry which
starts with 'iscsi' instead of 'phy';
something like this:
disk = [ 'iscsi: iqn.2001-01.com.example:diskraid-sn-a8111309', hda, w' ].

It could be that this attitude will be slower a bit than the alternative;
which is perform login to iSCSI targets from domU and than mounting
them from domU.

Regards,
Rami Rosen