Re: [Xen-users] cluster server options

On Tue December 25 2007 4:44:43 am you wrote:
> It's not clear what you mean by "export" of volumes. I've been working
> extensively with local LVM partitions on the server itself, not network
> exporting them. I've been longing to but lacked the opportunity to do
> iscsi based mounting to permit live migrations.

'network exporting' is precisely what I would like to do, since I have very
little more space on my xen server for anything more than proof of concept
vms, and I have so much space now on my SuSE system. My experience with nfs 3
or 4 is you can only export previously mounted portions of the disk, which
means effectively you have nfs -> file backed store -> /dev/mapper/imagefile,
and I was hoping to remove some of the overhead.

By the way, I found the following urls on the OpenSuSE wiki, but nothing on
gnbd or ataoe. I suppose I can google for the their home pages, but I'm not
looking to pioneer technology on SuSE that hasn't been trod elsewhere :-;

http://en.opensuse.org/Open-iSCSI_and_SUSE_Linux
http://www.open-iscsi.org/