Re: [Xen-users] physical device

> I' ve a xen virtual machine, and i' d like to assign cdrw device to it. My
> physical device on domain0 is /dev/hda, and in the configuration file i'
> ve this:
>
> disk    = [ 'phy:vg0/vx-disk,sda1,w', 'phy:vg0/vx-swap,sda2,w',
> 'phy:vg0/vx-data,sda5,w' ]
>
> I' ve tried to assign the cdrom to it in many ways i found in different
> examples, but none of them worked. I tried to load the cdrom, and
> ide-generic module, and create the device (with mknod), but didn' t help.
>
> Please help me to solve this problem.

I assume the other guys' suggestions helped you with this?

I should warn you that you won't be able to access all the functionality of
your CD-ROM drive like this.  For instance, you won't be able to boot off it,
or (probably) play CD music directly from it, or burn CDs from the guest.

You will be able to mount the filesystem on the CD but that is about all.

Cheers,
Mark
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!