[Xen-users] PV Guest and absolute mouse postioning

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Pat Campbell" <plc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:17:03 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:17:46 -0800

Hi,

I am working on allowing the PV guest virtual frame buffer to be dynamically
resized.  Works pretty well so far, however when the frame buffer is resized
absolute mouse tracking is now off.

Turns out if you are using evdev as the InputDevice in xorg.conf it
scales the position based on the original window size when X started.  I
have a work around for this.

evtouch scales differently and there is a different work around for it.

Neither of the work arounds should be in the guest kernel.  I will lobby
for changes in the drivers.

In any event, if you are using a PV guest and absolute mouse positioning
what X input driver are you using?  evdev, evtouch, or something else?

Thanks in advance

Pat