RE: [Xen-users] PV- Drivers for Windows (XP, 2003 Server)

You're right - my mistake.  They also have a non-Xen-based virtual server product (akin to VMware Server), so I think I was getting those confused.

--Nick

>>> On Mon, Jan 7, 2008 at  9:59 AM, Caz Yokoyama <cazyokoyama@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

VirtualIron is Xen based product like XenSource. They suggest the installation of VI tools which add couple of devices include network device on Windows. Correct if I am wrong.

Thank you.

-Caz Yokoyama, caz@xxxxxxxxxxx, CazYokoyama@xxxxxxxxx, +1-503-804-1028(m)

Nick Couchman [mailto:Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx]

Monday, January 07, 2008 8:49 AM

Feichtinger.Guenter@xxxxxxxxxx; Caz Yokoyama; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RE: [Xen-users] PV- Drivers for Windows (XP, 2003 Server)

Yes, but these are likely for VirtualIron's virtualization product and not XEN PV drivers for HVM domUs.

--Nick

VirtualIron has network and other drivers. Check http://www.virtualiron.com/products/Free_Download.cfm.

Thank you.

-Caz Yokoyama, caz@xxxxxxxxxxx, CazYokoyama@xxxxxxxxx, +1-503-804-1028(m)

size=2 width="100%" align=center tabindex=-1>

xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

On Behalf Of

Nick Couchman

Monday, January 07, 2008 6:28 AM

Feichtinger Günter; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: [Xen-users] PV- Drivers for Windows (XP, 2003 Server)

You can search for the Open Source HVM drivers, but I don't think anything stable has come out, yet.  The only other PV drivers that I know about for Windows are commercially available (read: NOT free) - these are Novell's PV drivers for Windows and NetWare, and XenSource's PV drivers.  Again,  both of those are commercial products - in Novell's case you must purchase SLES10 to get the PV driver pack.  Not sure about the XenSource ones...

--nick

>>> On 2008/01/07 at 03:46, Feichtinger Günter <Feichtinger.Guenter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hallo everybody,

i googled a lot of time, looking for PV-drivers for Windows- domUs.

I found a few things about that, but nothing about download an installation.

Do anybody know, where I can get it and how to install?

My configuration:

Dom0: CentOS 5.1

DomUs: Windows XP and 2003 Server

Thanks for any help,