RE: AW: [Xen-users] PV- Drivers for Windows (XP, 2003 Server)

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Boudreau Luc" <luc.boudreau@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 09:13:08 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 06:15:52 -0800

>> I have read them, I wonder if anybody use Windows guest in
OpenSource- Xen enviroment for productiv-systems.

We do use Xen from CentOS 5 and a Windows domU for production systems.
The applications running on it are not too big to run and the traffic is
not so big either. But we still get fairly good performances. Download
is slower, partly because of the Raid array I/O with the Xen PV drivers
overhead, but we still get 3-5 mbps. The network link is not faster
anyway, so it wasn't a problem for us. The system is completely stable
and has achieved 5-9 production availability for 3 months up to now. And
yes, we did install the PV drivers included in the free version of
XenExpress.