Re: RE Multiple Dom0s sharing a SAN with LVM (was: Re: [Xen-users]Livemigration problem)

xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit sur 10/01/2008 19:14:57 :

> Am Thursday, den 10 January hub Alain BARTHE folgendes in die Tasten:
>
> > We don't follow any how-to for that, but things are quiet simple.
> > We decided that a VG is dedicated for each domU, and one LV on this VG for
> > each disk of the domU (generally only one). We use naming rules to avoid
> > to get lost with this big amount of LVs.
>
> I also use an LV for each partition of the DomU so you can access the
> filesystems easily from the Dom0 in case of error.

We use an LV for the whole disk of the domU, so that domUs may be installed the standard way from a distrib and a kick-start which does the partition stuff. This way, domU are also more independant from domU, and there is less LVs. To access domU partitions from the dom0, we use "kpartx".

> > When you want to migrate a domU, you must attach the SAN disk on which
> > resides the domU's VG to the target dom0, and you must activate its LVs.
> > The "xm migrate -l" may be runned, generally it succeeds... except in some
> > cases like the one I reported here.
>
> So you have an own PV (as in a piece of the SAN) for each DomU?
> Or do I miss something?

Yes we have. Yes there is a lot of PV as pieces of SAN. I don't personaly manage the SAN, but it don't seems to be a hard stuff.