[Xen-users] Purpose of the "ioemu" keyword: QEMU or IOMMU?

Hi list,

Sorry for sending this question twice but as I said in my previous mail,
the initial thread certainly lacked an appealing subject and contained
too much text so most people simply didn't spend time to read it.

- About the "iommu" keyword:
What's the goal of the "ioemu" keyword used in FV guest configuration?
I couldn't find any documentation about all this.  VBDs in my FV guests
seems to work flawlessly both with or without it.  Does this mean that
Xen should use IOMMU (Intel's VT-d) for this device, if present?  Or
does it mean it should use QEMU as backend?  Again, any documentation
pointer will be welcome.

- VBD vs QEMU:
What's the benefit of using QEMU backend for a disk, instead of using
a VBD?

- VIF vs QEMU:
BTW, I know that QEMU can emulate multiple ISA or PCI network adapters,
is it possible to use them as for FV guests?  What would be the benefit
over a VIF?

- IOMMU (Intel VT-d) implementation:
BTW, are there any chipset that currently provide VT-d?  If yes,
according to [1] section 8, this shouldn't be a big deal to implement it
in Xen, so is it supported in Xen 3?

Thank you.
Best regards,

[1] http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/netos/papers/2004-oasis-ngio.pdf