[Xen-users] Xen and LVM - partitionning and performance

Hello,

-I am running a Xen server (debian Etch) with DomU (bootstaped) using
LVM partitions.
For each DomU I have a "/" and a swap LVM partition.
For a "classic" (non virtualized) Linux server, we usually set up
different partitions for /usr, /var... - for performance, security and
backup considerations... What about LVM partitions? I have not seen on
the Web any configuration with more than 2 LVM partitions.
-I have run a program processing statistics and requiring fast disk
access. LVM partitions seem to be slower than "classic" partitions. Is
there a way to improve LVM performances?

Thanks and Regards,

Thomas