Re: [Xen-users] RHEL5 Xen failover cluster - iSCSI with HP AiO400 for cluster file system

gnujon wrote:
Hi,

[...]

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with a setup at all
similar to this, and whether anyone thinks it sounds like a feasible Xen
failover cluster solution?

in theory it's not (or should not be) something strictly related to Xen (the use you're going to have of your cluster) I've managed anyway more than one cluster built with RHEL (4) and GFS ... generally for mail purposes

we were using optical fibers and not ethernet to reach the storage, but it went good

gfs requires attention and a good tuning, the locker we were using were suffering some little problems when the delay in completing the operation was too high but there were already the fixes on the redhat's repository and anyway it was the old GFS not the version 2

I would be careful anyway in having a mixed environment (w2k3/rhel) for a so specific task, especially in a so critical point of the system (the storage)
--
Giulio Fidente
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us;