[Xen-users] Clock jumps during live migration

Hi. I've got a strange problem with xen migration under Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10.

I have two machines set up with a DRBD 8.2.4 partition shared between them. This uses the new block-drbd feature where you can set a disk partition using something like this

disk        = [ 'drbd:storm,sda1,w' ]

in the .cfg file.

This allows me to do live migration now.

However, I've noticed that when a machine is migrated, the clock seems to jump 3 hours. For example:

root@storm:~# while :; do date; sleep 1; done
Thu Jan 24 15:22:18 UTC 2008
Thu Jan 24 15:22:19 UTC 2008
Thu Jan 24 15:22:20 UTC 2008
Thu Jan 24 13:16:55 UTC 2008
Thu Jan 24 13:16:56 UTC 2008
Thu Jan 24 13:16:57 UTC 2008

(the clock changes as the migration happens).

In this case, the domU ended up in the past!

Both dom0 machines have their clocks set correctly, of course.

The only oddity of the system is that I've had to set the domUs to use the jiffies clocksource rather than the xen clocksource because of this ubuntu bug

https://bugs.launchpad.net/xen/+bug/146924

although setting the clocksource back to xen doesn't seem to help with this new bug.

Any thoughts?

cheers

Nick Dyer