Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.2 kernel hang

Mark Williamson wrote:
please tell us the last messages, which are printed to the screen. I
guess it stops after mounting/checking the filesystems, right?

In which case, maybe the console device / initial tty are not set up right?

The alternative for hangs is that 2.6.18 didn't boot on some hardware and therefore Xen 3.2 with XenLinux 2.6.18 in dom0 doesn't either. I agree with what I *think* Jan is suggesting - that the config needs tweaking somewhere?

Cheers,
Mark

There is a bug in Ubuntu, by which the console redirection to 'xm console' does not work out of the box. I've encountered this issue a few days ago. But I didn't realize that in this case Xen 3.2 is installed and that the problem occurs while booting dom0.

Regards,

Jan

--
Artfiles New Media GmbH | Spaldingstr. 160 b | 20097 Hamburg
Tel: 040 - 32 02 72 90 | Fax: 040 - 32 02 72 95