Re: [Xen-users] Xen Disk I/O performance vs native performance

> 3] Raid 5 is implemented in hardware, using a 3DM card. I have 8 disks
> that are configured in RAID 5 using auto-carving (so it makes 2 physical
> disks for the system, which are LVM'ed together).
> The whole LVM disk space is then split into logical volumes, and I have
> one LV per VM.

Is the domU on the same "auto-carved" LUN?  (Maybe one isn't performing
as well as the other for some reason?)

> memory = 512

Does dom0 have as much memory as domu?  Are they using the same
filesystem type?

Please use bonnie++ at a minimum for i/o benchmarking.  dd is not a
benchmarking tool.

John

--
John Madden