Re: [Xen-users] Xen Disk I/O performance vs native performance

On 1/25/08, John Madden <jmadden@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does dom0 have as much memory as domu?  Are they using the same
> filesystem type?

obviously it's the same filesystem type, since it's the same
'partition'.  of course, different mount flags could in theory affect
measurements.

but the heaviest suspect for bad benchmarks is memory size.  if Dom0
has enough RAM, a lot of this 1.1G written by dd could still be in
writeback cache.

> Please use bonnie++ at a minimum for i/o benchmarking.  dd is not a
> benchmarking tool.

besides, no matter what tool you use to measure, use datasets at the
very least three or four times the largest memory size.

--
Javier