Re: [Xen-users] Xen Disk I/O performance vs native performance

> obviously it's the same filesystem type, since it's the same
> 'partition'.  of course, different mount flags could in theory affect
> measurements.

Sorry, I must've missed something earlier.  I didn't realize you were
mounting and writing to the same filesystem in both cases.  But this is
interesting -- if you're mounting a filesystem on an LV in dom0 and then
passing it as a physical device to domU, how does domU see it?  Does it
then put an LV inside this partition?

> > Please use bonnie++ at a minimum for i/o benchmarking.  dd is not a
> > benchmarking tool.
>
> besides, no matter what tool you use to measure, use datasets at the
> very least three or four times the largest memory size.

Exactly.  bonnie++ (for example) provides the -r argument, which causes
it to deal with i/o at twice your memory size to avoid cache benefits.

John

--
John Madden
Sr. UNIX Systems Engineer