Re: [Xen-users] Installing Fedora domU from a Debian dom0

Hi Andy,

I tried to install a RHEL4 domU on a debian dom0.
It should be equivalent on FC.
I have tried many solutions without succeeding yet :

- cd installation with Xen HVM (the installation process failed after
partitioning)
- installation on a classic partition, "dd" the partition in a file,
booting with Xen HVM (did not work, but I don't remember why)
- installation using qEmu (the installation worked, I could boot and log
in) - I would like now to be able to paravirtualized this domU, I think
I have to recompile/xenify a RHEL4 kernel... I have not tried with the
debian kernel.
- installation using yum installroot (apt-get install yum and yum
--installroot=/mnt -y install \*). I have built a Yum repository with
my  RHEL4 cd's, installed RH on a LVM partition using yum installroot. I
have not tried  to boot yet. I think I will have to xenify a RH kernel
too as for the solution above.

Hope it helps.

Thomas