Re: [Xen-users] Network issue in dom0

  • To: "Markus Gerber" <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:59:40 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 06:00:36 -0800

On Jan 30, 2008 4:52 AM, Markus Gerber <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Todd,

I just created a dummy interface and added it to a new bridge. Like this I can now access dom0 again from domU1 (which is the firewall/router) and vice versa. Respectifly I can access every machine in my different subnets and the internet fromdom0.

But: I still have the problem that the network goes down when transfering a lot of data. It's not as bad as before, since dom0 now has it's own newtorksegment - the rest of the network is no longer affected and the users can work normally. But it's still not possible to copy a lot of data. It's no difference whether I copy (wget) data from the internet or from another local machine (scp). And I still can't find any log entry...

What else can I try?

I think I remember a bug recently about someone with a similar network problem, but I think they had a crash when doing a large transfer. Does anyone else recall that? Maybe you can search the archives and also the bugs.

I do think that it is probably some sort of bug though, as network io is known to work of course.

Thanks & regards,

Markus