RE: [Xen-users] The real 0.6.5 release of Windows PV drivers

> On Sunday 03 February 2008 11:07:16 pm James Harper wrote:
> > > What log file in particular? (c:\windows\...)
> > Windows event log (eventvwr.msc)
>
> Other than the same info that was in the BSOD, there was a few
references
> things like: "The device, \Device\Scsi\XenVbd1, did not respond within
the
> timeout period.'.

Is that the cdrom?

When windows doesn't get an answer in a reasonable time, it starts
issuing bus resets. That code path is not very well tested... and there
are at lease two reports of performance problems with physical cdrom
devices (eg /dev/hdc). Possibly the bus reset problem is causing other
problems like crashes under load?

If you haven't already, can you try with the cdrom removed from your
configuration?

Apologies if we're going over existing ground here...

James