Re: [Xen-users] CentOS 5.1 & Xen 3.2

--[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
----- "Sadique Puthen" <sputhenp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
Hi,

Thanks to everyone so for all their help.

I am still unsure about the best way to get Xen installed.  If I install from
the standard yum repos I get Xen 3.1 installed.  As my host is AMD Opteron
X86_64 SMP I believe that I need to use Xen 3.2.  Am I correct in thinking this
?

Why do you think so? I am not aware of any good reason for CentOS-5.1 not to work with the standard rpms provided with it which is xen-3.1.

Purely from other forums where people were having issues with the X86_64
platform.  Will give it a go then.

Does anybody know when 3.2 will make it into CentOS ?

This wouldn't happen since rebasing to xen-3.2 in centos5 is going to break a lot of existing production server implementations. The biggest issue is that XenSource does not guarentee ABI compatability between the HV & userspace between major releases.

--Sadique