Re: [Xen-users] nic poor performance after upgrade to xen 3.2

I think you use netfront to achieve such performances on domU
so you have to recompile in unmodified_drivers/linux-2.6 from Xen sources under your domU
and load the kernel modules at boot time

xen-vnif.ko xen-platform-pci.ko xen-vbd.ko xen-balloon.ko

you must alias eth0 xen-vnif in modprobe.conf and of couse use netfront instead of ioemu in the vif part of your guest config file. But I think this step is already done on your guest
otherwise you cannot achieve such a speed with vif type set to ioemu.

Riccardo

Omar Schiaratura ha scritto:
Hi,
I'm doing some test on a network 10 gb nics and xen
with version 3.1 i'm measuring 2.5 gb/sec from domU to an external physical
machine with iperf.
switching to 3.2 has reduced the measured performance to 40-50 Mb/sec.

did anything change in the network interface?

can someone help me?

thanks