Re: [Xen-users] nic poor performance after upgrade to xen 3.2

I think this solution is usefull if you have a full virtualization environment,
in my case i used a xenolinux kernel in domU, so i already had the
paravirtualized network driver.
when i use my sun nxge 10Gb nic i reached a poor performance of up to 50 Mb/s.
Using another nic suc as a 100 Mb or 1Gb ethernet, the performance reached the
maximum bandwidth of (respectively) 100 M/s or 1Gb/s

Alle mercoledà 6 febbraio 2008, Riccardo Veraldi ha scritto:

> I think you use netfront to achieve such performances on domU
> so you have to recompile in unmodified_drivers/linux-2.6  from Xen
> sources under your domU
> and load the kernel modules at boot time
>
> xen-vnif.ko xen-platform-pci.ko xen-vbd.ko xen-balloon.ko
>
> you must alias eth0 xen-vnif in modprobe.conf and of couse use netfront
> instead of ioemu
> in the vif part of your guest config file. But I think this step is
> already done on your guest
> otherwise you cannot achieve such a speed with vif type set to ioemu.
>
> Riccardo
>

> Omar Schiaratura ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> > I'm doing some test on a network 10 gb nics and xen
> > with version 3.1 i'm measuring 2.5 gb/sec from domU to an external physical
> > machine with iperf.
> > switching to 3.2 has reduced the measured performance to 40-50 Mb/sec.
> >
> > did anything change in the network interface?
> >
> > can someone help me?
> >
> > thanks

Ing. Omar Schiaratura
Dottore in Scienze dell'Informazione