Re: [Xen-users] Domain stays in status "---s--" forever after shutdown, console is locked

jim burns wrote:
On Monday 11 February 2008 03:35:11 am Dominik Klein wrote:
Here's what I see if I shutdown the domain from a console:

debian dktestvmxen:~# halt
Broadcast message from root@dktestvmxen (tty1) (Mon Feb 11 08:32:34 2008):
The system is going down for system halt NOW!

I usually do a shutdown from within a desktop, which does the right thing. If you think about it, telling it to 'halt' is telling it to just sit there & do nothing, not exit. I don't know if xen converts a 'halt' to an 'on_poweroff' action. Does 'shutdown -hP now' work for you?

No, it does the exact same thing.

By the way: xm shutdown gives the same result.

Regards
Dominik