Re: [Xen-users] Emulating Multiple NIC cards on Guests

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Ian Marlier <ian.marlier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 09:19:54 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:20:30 -0800

On 2/12/08 7:26 AM, "Viswanath T K" <viswanath.t@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I tried out whatever you have and others have suggested but nothing has
> worked out yet.
>
> I shall elaborate on the steps I have undertaken on Fedora x86 64bit.
>
> 1.  Installed xen, kernel-xen , virt-manager
> 2.  Rebooted on xen kernel.
> 3.  I have 3 NIC cards and for all of them I have assigned Static IPs.
> 4.  When I do an ifconfig I get details of eth0,1,2 ,lo and virbr0. I
> dont see xenbr0.
> 5.  Are virbr0 & xenbr0 the same ?
> 6.  I dont see any file in /etc/xen/<guest name> so as to add vif=[], Is
> this file auto-generated when we create a guest using virt-manager.
>
> 7.  I created a file in /etc/xen/<guest name> named guest1 and edited
> vif as you have mentioned and created guest using "xm create -c <guest
> name>
> This also failed giving the error, "Device 0  cannot be connected.Hot
> plug scripts failed ( I dont remember the exact error )"
>
> Help is needed on this.
>

> Thanks
> Viswanath

Have you gotten to the point that you have multiple bridges configured?

`ip addr`, or `ifconfig`, should show you three bridges -- without them,
you're not going to be able to create the three interfaces.

I run on opensuse, not Fedora, but I think it's a fair bet that virbr0 and
xenbr0 are two names for the same thing.  Taking a look at the
network-bridge script in /etc/xen/scripts/ will tell you, I think.