Re: [Xen-users] building xen

Hi.

--On Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:25:02 AM -0500 secureboot <secureboot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can I just download the most recent kernel from kernel.org, configure
to work with Xen, and then clone the xen-unstable repo, and just
build/install the xen tools?  Are there likely to be problems with
this approach?

As I understand it, you have to patch the kernel to get Xen support - some distributions (at least Redhat and Ubuntu) offer Xen-patches for kernels up to 2.6.24, but I'm not sure how much of the distribution-specific kernel-patches (which are not in the mainline kernel) are needed to get Xen working.

I am experimenting with 2.6.24 and Xen at the moment, but there are still ("normal") kernel issues I have to look into before I can take a look at its Xen support.

If anyone has more experience, I'd gladly hear of it :)

Greetings,

Jens