From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Todd Deshane
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2008 8:09 PM
To: Jared
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] kernel problem

On Feb 16, 2008 3:47 PM, Jared <list-xen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
my kernel.log file is getting flooded with these messages:

Feb 16 13:11:30 zero kernel: megasas: Failed to alloc kernel SGL buffer for
IOCTL

I don't have personal experience with the error, but a google search bring up the megaraid_sas driver error source code

...and I do mean flooded.  I'm getting 10750 of them per _second_.  This is
on a Dell PowerEdge 2950 w/ PERC 5i RAID 5.  I'm running Xen 3.0.3 and
Debian etch with the latest kernel on dom0.

I'm pretty new to Xen, just started messing with it on this server, so I'm
not sure where exactly I should turn for help.  Is this a Xen issue?  a
Debian kernel issue?  some other random issue?

I'd aprpeciate any suggestions.  If this is truly a hardware problem, I'd
like to fix it, but given the lack of detail in the error message I don't
even know where to begin.  I don't want to just add syslog-ng filter to
ignore it, but I can't have it continually eating up all disk space, either.
 ;-)

Thanks.

--
Jared