RE : RE: [Xen-users] NT4 in a DomU

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: <pbasnews-linux@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:27:49 +0100 (CET)
  • Cc: Joris Dobbelsteen <Joris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:28:34 -0800

Sorry but i want a nt4 under xen server...
For the moment, here my progress:
I install NT4 server on a vmware workstation vm, i
apply sp6 etc... (because the nt4 install crash
everytime even with F5 key)
I replace hal.dll by the hal downloaded on a virtual
server site. I will post the url later (i'm at home
actually)
I convert my nt4.vmk in a raw file with qemu-convert.
On my debian/xen I deploy my nt4.img in my lvm
partition:
cat nt4.img|dd (something) /dev/..../nt4LVM bs=5M
I launch my nt4 vm:
I start NT4 in vga mode and I change the video driver.
I reboot in normal mode... and nt4 is angry with video
driver!!!!
Now I can't find the good video driver for my nt4 vm!

NB: I send the details in 2 days.

--- Joris Dobbelsteen <Joris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a