Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.0 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

Hi James,

James Harper schreef:
So iSCSI backends could have significant gain? With respect to the the
other pv driver?

Hmm... hadn't thought of that. If you had an accelerated iSCSI HBA, then
with the pvSCSI backend the path becomes quite direct. Without an
accelerated HBA then it probably doesn't matter so much whether you pass
IP packets to the DomU and get the SCSI packet out there, or get the
SCSI packet out in Dom0 and pass it to the DomU.

Ofcourse it would matter from points of security. I don't want to pass my storage domain directly to all users.

As usual, some benchmarks would help a lot!

Will do :)

Stefan