Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.0 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

Hi,

I just tried to install the new drivers on Windows 2003 x86 and amd64.

On the AMD64 machine install.bat complains about the 32-bit Version
of DPinst and stops installation.

So I got the AMD64 binary somewhere from Microsoft
(DriverInstallationTools.msi),
and replaced DPinst.exe. Everything worked fine after that.

To make things easier I modified the directory structure of your ZIP file a
bit and changed "install.bat" to work on both 32- and 64-bit machines.

CHANGED -> ./install.bat
NEW -> ./dpinst/x86/DPInst.exe
NEW -> ./dpinst/amd64/dpinst.exe

dpinst.exe gets copied before execution, just calling it from the above
directory did not work as expected.

Just in case someone had the same problem ...

Bye,
   Marcel

--
----
Dipl.-Inf. Marcel Ritter

@ECHO OFF

ver | find "Version 5.2." > nul
if %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 goto ver_2003

ver | find "Version 5.1." > nul
if %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 goto ver_xp

echo No automatic install available or machine not supported.
goto exit

:ver_2003
echo Windows 2003 Detected... Installing...
shutdownmon -i
cd winnet
copy ..\dpinst\%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%\dpinst.exe dpinst.exe
dpinst.exe /LM
echo Done
goto exit

:ver_xp
echo Windows XP Detected... Installing...
shutdownmon -i
cd winnet
copy ..\dpinst\%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%\dpinst.exe dpinst.exe
dpinst.exe /LM
echo Done
goto exit

pause