[Xen-users] NR_IRQ limit

I've finally hit the NR_IRQ limit in Xen 3.2-1. I'd like to increase this, which I suspect is as simple as increasing NR_VECTORS in include/ asm-x86/mach-default/irq_vectors.h; has anyone else had to do this, is this all that I'll need to do, or will I run into other issues? I will need to increase the limit from its default of 256 to 1536.

My other question is, will I need to modify or otherwise recompile my Linux kernel (2.8.18-xen.hg, rev=416)?

As a suggestion, I'd really like to see this limit user-configurable at compile time, without having to edit the source... my server is only at approximately 25% of its expected capacity, so I'd imagine that even those with smaller machines could be hitting this limit.

Thank you,

Eric Windisch
GrokThis.net

PH: 1-800-630-0476