[Xen-users] Re: REPOST - Debian Etch, XEN 3.2 PAE Routed Nat problem

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:20:14 -0500, <outbackdingo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, installed debian 4 Etch, XEN 3.2 PAE, booted all fine setup 2 FreeBSD
> domUs
> followed the Routing and Nat guide precisely based on
> http://wiki.kartbuilding.net/index.php/Xen_Networking
>
> domUs 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2 can see the dom0, 192.168.1.3 and the internet
> route 192.168.1.1 fine
> domUs can access dom0
> domUs and dom0 can access internet
> domUs cannot see each other. i can ssh from domUs to everything, except
> another domU

Working as expected.

>From the gentoo manual at http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xen-guide.xml

"When selecting the routed approach, the interface inside your
unpriviledged domain is connected to the virtual interface on your
administrative domain. On your administrative domain (domain 0), the
virtual interface is linked together with eth0. The interface inside
your unpriviledged domain should have an IP address on the same
network as the interface on the administrative domain. Any
communication to that IP address can only occur from the
administrative domain, unless you set up specific routing rules."

As I'm just bringing up a Xen and haven't learned yet how the devs
butchered normal routing rules to fit their virtualization concept,
I'm reluctant to suggest something. 'man route' and moving the DomU to
separate /24s are good ideas, a tool such as wireshark should provide
clues.

--
One of the strokes of genius from McCarthy was making lists
the center of the language - kt