Re: [Xen-users] Xen: invalid source and/or image destination

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 12:24:31 -0800 (PST)
new2xen <colinking@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have tried using both the VM Manager and XM create - neither of which seem
> to work; I guess that I'm missing a basic

I was just experimenting with centos on centos paravirt images and
kept getting the same invalid install source messages.

I was trying to install from a loopback mounted centos DVD iso image,
and I finally noticed errors about loop problems mounting on some
silly path virt-manager was trying to use internally. I figured it
must be trying to loopback mount the thing I've already loopback
mounted and that was giving it indigestion.

I started apache, mounted the DVD image under /var/www/html, then
pointed virt-manager at the http://localhost/centos/ tree, and that
made it happy - it was able to install via http.