Re: [Xen-users] blocked domU? but I'm logged into domU!

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Carles Pina i Estany <carles@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 10:40:31 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 01:40:59 -0800

Hello,

On Mar/08/2008, Matt Herzog wrote:
> I don't understand why 'xm list' shows my domain as blocked while clearly
> it it up and running. I can login to it, browse the web from it, etc.
>
> What's up with that? Heh.

In the man xm, I can read that a blocked domain means:
------
The domain is blocked, and not running or runnable.  This can
be caused because the domain is waiting on IO (a traditional
wait state) or has gone to sleep because there was nothing else
for it to do.
------

(same idea that blocked processes)

So, when you type xm list it seems that domain is not doing any action. If you
run an intensive CPU program in domU you should see more R than B, if the
domain is not processing will be in B :-)

(maybe I'm wrong :-) )

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
        http://pinux.info       Manresa - Barcelona