[Xen-users] disappearing network?

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this network problem:

The xen server is up for several weeks, then suddenly the network connection to the
box stops working. Rebooting doesn't fix it, but rebooting to a non-xen kernel
does fix it, then rebooting back into xen again, I find that it is once again working.

Happened most recently with x86_64 debian etch and Xen 3.2, before that happened
with sles10sp1 and xen 3.1 (this is the same hardware just running different host
linux & xen these days).

I have difficulty imagining where it could be caching "the network should be
broken" flag across reboots, or why rebooting with a different kernel would fix it,
but I thought I'd ask on the microscopic chance that it makes sense to someone
out there :-).