RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.5 of GPL PV drivers for Windows

> James Harper schrieb:
> > I've just uploaded 0.8.5. Please uninstall all the 0.8.4 drivers
first
> > or you'll get BSoD's on attempting the upgrade. I'm sure there's a
way
> > to make this a bit cleaner (eg require a reboot instead of crashing)
but
> > I don't know how at this point.
> >
> > Download from http://www.meadowcourt.org/WindowsXenPV-0.8.5.zip
>
> Bad, thing is that win2008 enforces singed drivers, so someone have to
> deal with this, also win2008 dowsn't seem to have a boot.ini anymore,
so
> we have to use bcdedit.
>
> I'll have a look on these but sounds ugly.

I think you can tweak the registry to turn off the signing requirement.

In the long term I may look at the possibility of getting the drivers
signed, but this costs money so I'd have to charge something for the
signed drivers to recoup the costs, unless the amount was tiny. The
source and unsigned drivers would remain free of course.

At this stage, there are definitely a few things in the drivers that
Microsoft would frown upon, so passing the WHQL testing is probably not
possible at this point.

James