Re: [Xen-users] problem with deleting the loopback files

> No, DomU is not running any more. I just can not free the disk space
> allocated to the image files, even delete them.

Weird.

What kind of disk setup did you have?  PV guests?  HVM guests?  file: disks?

As Javier said, there must be something hanging about that's keeping
references to those loop files around so that the OS can't safely deallocate
the space.

What output does losetup --all give you?

In any case, rebooting dom0 will solve this, but there should be a way to do
this without restarting the system if you need it to stay online.  It would
be helpful to figure out what caused it, in case it's a bug somewhere.  I've
not heard of this problem before!

Cheers,
Mark