Re: [Xen-users] Best practice to backup dom0 and all domU's

Darren wrote:
> What is the preffered or suggested way to backup a dom0 and all domU's
> while system is up and running ? Thanks
>
> Darren

I use lvm filesystem for DomU's and backup via lvm snapshots.

In detail:
I have Dom0 with md (software mirror) and lvm on top.
Nightly I make lvm snapshot for each DomU (make sure that it is large
enough not to overfill while doing backup).
Then I export those lvm snapshots to dedicated backup DomU which boots
on and after backup job shuts down itself.
Then remove snapshots.

I use this in production successfully for a couple of months.

andris