Re: [Xen-users] Best practice to backup dom0 and all domU's

Tiago Cruz wrote:
Andris,

Many thanks for share your solution! :-)

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 17:29 +0200, Andris wrote:
        ##here we make snapshots
        /usr/sbin/lvcreate -L2G -s -n $b$backup $a

2 GB its enough for any machine? 'Cause I have vm's with 20 GB until 100
GB...

I think you'll find that for snapshots the size specified is for the changes to the filesystem which are expected to occur during the lifetime of the snapshot.

So if you anticipate that, _while_ the snapshot is in use, its likely to accumulate 20G worth of *change*, the -L2G won't be enough.