Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.7 of GPL PV drivers for Windows

On Sunday March 30 2008 08:34:50 am James Harper wrote:
> > is there a reason not to use dpinst.exe with /F option? I'd think /F
> > would make sure that ALL drivers are updated.
> > Maybe you should consider using this option in the installer.bat
>
> Have you tried it? It sounds like it would only make a difference if the
> current driver was newer, which should never be the case.

It might do something. I copied the 0.8.4 xen*.sys files over to c:
\windows\system32\drivers, then edited the 0.8.7 install.bat to add /F to
dpinst and ran it. I ended up with a system that would not boot, even
w/o /gplpv. When I did get a BSOD, it was 0x7E, xenenum.sys. I finally got it
working with losetup/kpartx/mount -o force to copy over the 0.8.4 files.
Apparently the /F option had copied over 0.8.7 xenenum and xennet on top of
the 0.8.4 files before the system crashed.