Re: [Xen-users] Help getting my jailtime centos 5.1 network going on my dom0 ubuntu feisty with domU centos5.1

William Heath wrote:
Hi All,

I need help getting my jailtime centos 5.1 network going on my dom0 ubuntu feisty with domU centos5.1. I do this:

ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.14 <http://192.168.0.14> netmask 255.255.255.0 <http://255.255.255.0> up

I can then ping myself. When I try to ping another ip like on the host or other servers I get:

ping 192.168.0.110 <http://192.168.0.110>
PING 192.168.0.110 <http://192.168.0.110> (192.168.0.110 <http://192.168.0.110>) 56(84) bytes of data. >From 192.168.0.14 <http://192.168.0.14> icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable

arp -a shows:

? (192.168.0.110 <http://192.168.0.110>) at <incomplete> on eth0

I am trying to rtfm like crazy but can't seem to find any guides on troubleshooting netoworking on a xen guest. Can anyone give me any ideas or things to try?

-Tim
is your routing setup correctly?
what does route -nv show ?
<http://192.168.0.110>