Re: [Xen-users] Max number of Network Aliases?

You are limited to 3 vif NIC's, but you're not limited in IP usage.
I've done PV domU setups with about 40 IP's assigned to one NIC. This is nothing special inside a domU and can be done as on bare metal (eth0, eth0:1, eth0:2 and so on).
On the other hand, i've tried to setup a firewall distro with 5 NIC's for
testing purposes, 3 NIC's are vif's, 2 are
physical ones via pci passthru. This does also work as expected.

Ryan Burke schrieb:
I know that there is a 3 network interface max for Xen 3.*. But is there a
max number of network aliases?

Since they are all on the same subnet then really it should just bridging
the traffic. Correct? Does anyone have a PV DomU that has more than 3 IP
addresses being used inside it?

Thanks,
Ryan

Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 würzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht würzburg, hra 5054