Re: [Xen-users] Convert CentOS system to Xen image?

> You have copied just one partition,
> instead of the whole disk.
>
> To copy the whole disk,
> you should use:
>
> # cat /dev/ida/c0d0 | nc -l -p 3000
>
> But this command will copy all of the disk (and if it is big,
> it is not good idea; also you need enough freespace on the target
> system).
>
> More flexible way is the way mentioned by Ross:
> to use LVM on the target system
> and to copy not the raw device, but files, which is situated
> on the device.

I do have enough space to do the whole disk, I just don't have free
space to create an LV. I did it again using /dev/ida/c0d0. Now when I
try to bring up in Xen I get No kernel was found.

I also downloaded the DVD for the same version of CentOS. So I thought
maybe I would try booting off that and see if I can fix it. I figured if
the iso was mounted as a CDROM first that it would boot, but I still get
No kernel was found.

I'll try creating a new VM using the DVD, and try to rsync everything,
similar to what Ross was saying.

The good thing is that I can try lots of things, as long as I don't have
to take the other server offline.

I appreciate everyone's help!

James