Re: [Xen-users] Convert CentOS system to Xen image?

> So, i think that the easier way to do this, its the follow:
>
> - Install one new CentOS inside Xen, using Virt-Manager with sufficient
> space to do the migration;
> - Boot this one, test, and lean how to start and stop this virtual
> machine;
> - Backup this machine;
> - Just "rsync" all "/" from the physical one for inside of "/" of
> virtual one;
> - Restore your backup from /etc/hosts, /etc/fstab, /etc/mtab/
> ifcfg-eth-x, lilo.conf, menu.lst and be happy :-)
>
> May the Force be with you!

Igor, I followed your last suggestion and now I'm back to "A valid boot
sector was not found. The installation may have failed." No config file
has been written yet either. (yes, using virt-manager)

All the steps you wrote went without a hitch and I verified fstab was
updated correctly.

Tiago, I've tried installing CentOS 4.5, 4.6, and 5.1 using
virt-manager, but none of them see a disk to install to once the CentOS
install process starts. Maybe there's a special way to run these
installs. I'll have to google for that. SLES10.1 installs without doing
anything special.

Thanks,
James