From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jia Rao
Sent: 03 April 2008 19:44
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] performance monitoring of VMs

Any suggestions?

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Jia Rao <rickenrao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I tried to use libvirt, however the xen and the kernel were compiled from
source. If I want to install libvirt from yum (CentOS 5.0) the dependencies
need to install xen and xen-kernel. The source compiled xen seems to have some
compatibility issues in the links of the scripts with the yum installed xen
(whenever I yum install something related to xen, xm crashes).

What I need is a sar (sysstat) like detailed performance monitoring tool down
to the hypervisor level (treat each VM as a process) and report the most
detailed execution info for each VM (e.g. the real page fault rate of each VM).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jia.