RE: [Xen-users] Most stable Xen distro?

Ah yes, excellent point. Thanks Steven for adding that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Timm [mailto:timm@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 2:45 PM
To: Tait Clarridge
Cc: Doug Breshears; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Most stable Xen distro?

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, Tait Clarridge wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Check out the CentOS 5.1 distro. It's been a dream for me.
>
> I've tried a few so far -
>
> Fedora 8 & Xen Source 3.1/3.2 -> Major tweaks needed on my system
> CentOS 5/5.1 -> No Problems at all
> Ubuntu -> HVM Guests were laggy and using up way to much I/O
>

> Give CentOS a shot. :)

Be aware that if you want to do 64bit dom0 and 32-bit paravirtualized
domU it is not going to work on Centos (and friends).  I've heard
this will be fixed in the next update.

Steve

> -Tait Clarridge

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Assistant Group
Leader.