Re: [Xen-users] virtual gigabit

  • To: "Daniel Kao" <dkao@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Emre ERENOGLU" <erenoglu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 23:25:32 +0200
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >> Xen-user List" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 14:26:06 -0700

Hi,

If you have either:
- a HVM Linux Guest with unmodified_drivers (pv drivers for hvm)
or
- a HVM Windows guest running on top of a commercial Xen product with PV drivers installed

you can obtain gigabit speeds. James Harper is working on a set of PV drivers (GPL) which can run on the open source XEN, but not reaching gigabit speeds yet.

Emre