Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu feisty dom0 and centos 5.1 domU problems

You've almost certainly got a ext3 filesystem on a CentOS 5.1 guest, so I
wouldn't have thought that this would be your problem...

An alternative that you could use to get the domain running would be:

* mount the partition on the virtual disk you installed the guest to (use
kpartx or lomount to access the partitions, then safely mount it somewhere
e.g. /mnt/guest)
* copy a vmlinuz-*xen* (a Xenified Linux kernel image, it'll have a name
following that pattern) and a initrd-*xen*.img with the same version number
(a Xenified Linux initrd) out of the guest's filesystem and onto the host.
* unmount the guest partition
* Comment out the bootloader= line in your guest config for now.
* Set the kernel= and ramdisk= lines in the guest config to point to the
locations of the files you just copied.
* Boot the guest.

This should start the guest's kernel directly, instead of using pygrub to poke
around in the guest filesystem, so it should work.  It'd still be nice if we
could solve your problem with pygrub though; have you tried reporting this to
the Ubuntu Xen package maintainers?  Did updating the system help with this?

You obviously mustn't mount the guest's filesystem if the guest is running or
suspended (it has to be shut down), bear this in mind if you ever need to
repeat the procedure described above.

Cheers,
Mark