[Xen-users] error when creating hvm guest with virt-manager

I suppose I need to apply some patch but can't find the right one.

Xen 3.2 (the packages from xen.org) on CentOS 5.1

I wanted to install my first hvm guest and wanted to use an old Suse 9.0
(of course, there are reasons why I wanted to use that ;-).

First problem I encountered is that virt-manager blanked out the option to
install from cdrom. I copied the first CD with dd to an iso image and used
that as an install source. This gives me the following error:

The error is
"Unable to complete install 'libvirt.libvirtError virDomainCreateLinux()
failed POST operation failed. (xend.err 'Error creating domain: long()
argument must be a string or a number')"

Google finds only this single article, but I don't think I hit exactly the
same problem:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/33078

The traceback I get does not touch XendDomainInfo.py, it starts in
create.py. Anyway, I changed the code in XendDomainInfo.py and tried again
with the same result. (I don't have the complete traceback on hand,
otherwise I would add it. If necessary I can get it again.)

Someone suggested using qemu to startup the installation. This worked,
indeed, (with some twists) and I can now startup a xen hvm with the
installed system on that disk image. So, it really looks like just some
bug in the creation code of virt-manager.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany