RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.9 of GPL PV drivers for Windows

> jim burns schrieb:
> > Now that 'PCI BUS' still has the Microsoft driver, and not xenhide,
what
> is
> > the recommended uninstall procedure, prior to installing a new
version?
> > Thanx.
> >
> I used the uninstall.bat and then the install.bat. Worked quite good
on
> my system.
> I don't know if this is the recommended procedure.

Hmmm... uninstall.bat is a work in progress and probably shouldn't have
been included. I suspect that if you rebooted after running
uninstall.bat but before running install.bat you would have had an
unbootable system.

The problem is the way I attach xenhide.sys to the pci bus, which is via
an AddReg in the .inf file. I think some simple .vbs would be able to
clear the registry key and the uninstall.bat file could just call that.

All in all though, I am still uncomfortable with the way I hide the qemu
network and ata drivers from windows, and I keep telling myself that
there must be a better way... everything I try works even worse than
before though :)

James