[Xen-users] shrink or grow disk image?

I have installations of sles for 64 and 32 bit in img files. I can copy
the img file, create a new domU, adjust the networking as needed, and I
have a new server up and ready to be configured.

Problem is my img file is a lot bigger than needed for some uses. Is
there a way to shrink an img file? Or, if I create a new "template"
server that is smaller, can the img file be grown when needed?

I created the img files using virt manager to setup sles with
para-virtualized settings.

I've done some searching and I came across qcow, but it looks like
that's not supported.

Are others doing this?

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

James